View Single Post

Old 05-05-2015, 05:36 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I own both. Both are reliable, but if I know I will be in a gunfight I will choose the glock over the sigma 9 mm that I now own. My Sigma was purchased second hand for 200 bucks. Man's wife did not like it for her personal gun due to the trigger which is the only downside of this gun. She wanted a 1911 just like what her husband had. Trigger pull is about 50% of hitting something. A heavy pull also slows down the speed that you can accurately fire any gun. These all count against my particular sigma. I understand that trigger pulls have gotten better. Then you might ask why am I packing a sigma in an open carry holster as I type. When doing outside work on my little estate i want the gun in a soft holster rather than a hard holster to prevent bruising when my hip strikes something. Even in a soft holster with that long 12 lb plus trigger pull that gun is not going off. Sometimes the magazine button does get push and I have had to search for dropped magazine. I carry it mainly for dealing wild creatures and if needed for a trespasser. Most of these are not packing guns. On the street I currently carry a G33 (.357 sig subcompact glock). The glock trigger is a wonderful combat trigger, especially if you learn trigger reset for it. The grip of both guns is fine for me, I just find the Sigma trigger to a handicap.