View Single Post

Old 05-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Liked 9,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Decent pistols. They were very popular when the Walthers were hard to get and very expensive back then,,especially in 22.

I'd advise not to dry fire them,,but that advise I give on most any firearm anyway.
Rimfires especially though as they can cause chamber damage if not set up right and firing pins are often crazy designs that break more easily.
The Constable doesn't suffer the latter though and is a straight cylindrical design that can be made by most anyone w/a metal lathe and the old broken part to copy.

There are 2 different thumbsafetys ,,the 'old style' & 'new style'. designations IIRC. But to tell you the truth I can't remember what the difference was!

Can be ammo choosy, but that goes for any semi auto. Some eat everything.
The small adj rear sight comes in damaged sometimes,,not the guns fault but a heavy handed owner. It's a simple little 2 screw adj thing but can't take a fall and battering some give it.

Factory magazines are crazy expensive for the Constable in all calibers. The .22 cal versions usually drag a few extra dollars away from the customer if they're in real need and the vendor senses it.
After market mags are around but I don't have any experience with them.

Add Numrich to the list of sometimes having parts available for the Constable.