View Single Post

Old 05-15-2015, 10:59 AM

Liked 143 Times in 72 Posts
Default Either will get the job done

Really can't go wrong with either, I've found when comparing just about any other quality EDC against a Kahr it all comes down whether one likes, tolerates, or hates the Kahr triggers.

I was an early adopter of the PM9 and it is my summertime EDC. In colder months I transition to an XDs .45. I also have a CW9 and love it as much as my PM9 but will probably "move it along" because it really doesn't fit into my rotation. I'm in the camp that loves the Kahr triggers. I love the smoothness and the predictable break you get with the Kahrs. Now, I will admit there have been times when I've recently transitioned from the XDs that I have short stroked the Kahr trigger. That aside, my Kahrs have been Uber reliable and I'm a fan of Kahrs in general.

On the flip side my nightstand gun is a 40c and I also have a Pro 9 5". I love the M&P line and they have their place with me as well, just not as carry pieces. My EDC must be small, even pocket-able in the warmer months. It also must be at least a 9mm. So in conclusion, if you like or tolerate the Kahr trigger it's hard to beat a PM/CM9 for carry period. If you are moving up to something the size of a Shield then the Shield would probably get my vote even though the CW9 is a great value. Also worth considering, with the Shield there is better aftermarket support especially regarding sights and trigger upgrades.