View Single Post

Old 05-15-2015, 12:15 PM

Liked 127 Times in 79 Posts

I bought my Shield for $362 without the thumb safety and good have purchased the Shield with the thumb safety for $349.99. As far as what Hickok45 likes, he likes the trigger on the Shield just fine and recently stated that he purchased one for himself and has been carrying it. I just purchased mine and have ordered 1,000 rounds of 124 grain 9mm ammo from Freedom Ammunition and will see how I like the trigger after putting 200 to 500 rounds through the gun. Right now it doesn't feel bad to me and is actually better than the one that came with my M&P Pro that had a 7 lb. trigger pull (per specs, should have been 4 - 5 1/2) but rather than sending it back to S&W I went for the Apex FSS trigger kit to also reduce the travel. I had rented a Kahr and I thought that the trigger pull was way more than what I have with the Shield right now. I have large hands but the Shield feels just fine, especially with the extended mag, and between the grip and the trigger, I'm now selling my XDS. Anyway, it's all personal preferences regarding guns and the Kahr and Shield are both fine guns. However, I think you got ripped off on what you paid for your Shield. The only place I've seen that price is at Cabela's. Regards, Elliot45

Last edited by Elliot45; 05-15-2015 at 12:21 PM.