View Single Post

Old 05-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKFC05 View Post
Since the Nevada non-res is a pain-go to NV, class to obtain and RENEW, etc-- it is better by far to get the UT license.
One-time class, 65.25 to obtain, $10 ea 5 years to renew by mail.
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html
UT licenses (one of which I have) have not been honored in Nevada for several years now. To get the NV permit you must take the NV class, which is offered ONLY inside NV, and you must also submit the application to the sheriff of the county in which you took the class. Since it's an all day class, and as far as I've been able to find, the classes are always over after sheriff office regular hours, it's a two day process. If the classes are only on Fridays, as mine was, you have to either stay there over the weekend or make 2 trips to NV. Also, the costs, although I don't remember them now, are currently more than in the comment I quote, which was posted some years ago. With the course, the permit fee, a motel the night before the course, and two round trips, the NV permit cost me some $400. I was also told that NV residents can take the class in one county and turn in the application in another, but non residents must do both in the same county.

Last edited by Terrence MacArthur; 05-28-2015 at 06:28 AM.