View Single Post

Old 05-28-2015, 05:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a Core-15 Key Mod Scout. I got it for a good price but I must say I have had a terrible time with it. Out of the box, it grouped 5 inches at 50 yards off sandbags. Yes, you heard me correctly. FIVE INCHES. I used 55 gr ball and 62 gr Green Tips. Same groups. Tried expensive 69 gr. match ammo. Same groups, or rather patterns. Sent it to Core-15 on their bragged upon warranty. Was told they replaced the barrel and upper and sent me a target they said they fired with it at 100 yds. 5 shots under and inch with 77 grainers. I thought great, it should shoot good now. Just got back from the range, got 5-6 inch groups at 50 off bags. I tried 2 different scopes rings and mounts. Both scopes are known good scopes on other rifles. I've never had trouble like this in 45 years of shooting. My old Sako .243 Forrester shoots 1" at 200 yds of bags. Simply put, Why would this rifle shoot the same horrific groups if the barrel and upper were changed? My nephew has a cheapo S&W AR Sport and it's a tack driver using the same scope, rings and mounts I tried on the Core-15. Maybe I just got a bad one, but why did Core ship me back a gun with a good grouped test target, that still shoots like dog doo? 5" groups at 50 yds is most assuredly; dog doo. And they know it.

Last edited by Indiana Mike; 05-28-2015 at 05:53 PM.