Thread: Fitz special's.
View Single Post

Old 06-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

If forum member mm6mm6 sees this thread I'm sure he'll make mention of his incredible modern homage to the Fitz Special. Here is a link to a chronicle of the build, some of the pics are gone but there's still enough left to blow you away, it's a beautiful piece - http://smith-wessonforum.com/firearm...-engraved.html.
Hopefully he won't mind me posting one of his pics as a teaser-

I've never had a revolver with the trigger guard cut completely off but like C&L and Shorty 45, I don't have an issue with it and would certainly buy a revolver already done if it was quality work (like mm6mm6's gun) or would consider doing one for myself if the right candidate ever fell into my hands and the mood struck.

My Krebs Custom CROWBAR .45ACP M28 has a half or 'Semi-Fitzed' trigger guard. Sorry about the bad photos, I need to take some new ones-

You can kind of see it better in this equally ****** pic-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Never gona cut a trigger guard and never gona cut off a hammer on a da sa snubby as you loss sticking force . You want a nothing to snag . BUY a hammerless and with modern large trigger guards there no reason to cut one .
I don't know what it means to "loss sticking force" but if you bob the hammer on a DA/SA revolver, it is no big deal to just make it DA only. The trigger guards on modern snubbies are no larger than they were 50 years ago. And, I don't see where you'll snag anything when drawing a revolver that has no hammer spur and the front of the trigger guard removed. Mr. Fitz used his guns for pocket carry, with a pocket holster I can't see a "Fitzed" revolver being any less safe to carry than any other.

Last edited by WC145; 06-02-2015 at 07:25 PM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: