View Single Post

Old 06-02-2015, 11:32 PM

Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFireman View Post
I heard that some of the earliest lights carried by some PD's were Kell-Lites. Apparently, you could get one good whack before the cap flew off and your batteries went everywhere....

I had a Streamlight SL-20 with the adjustable intensity (variable brightness) knob at the end where the batteries goes....I lost that cap one dark night, but the gentleman whom was receiving 'adjustment' that night lost 5 front teeth. I had to put the original cap back on. It was a sad day indeed, that dimmer made paperwork easier on the eyes (re-adjustment to night vision).

If you have a big one - post it up. I just love the S&W toys
Still have and use my Kell-lite, 7 c cells. Nice lite. They replaced the old night sticks. I have seen what a big Maglite does.

Never used the Kell-lite for attitude adjustments. I pulled my small sap once and started towards the gents head, his eyes crossed watching it approach. He opened his hands and I stopped just before contact.

He really needed it, convicted murderer of a 70 some year old lady at her mom and pop store. All I was thinking of was all the paperwork I would have to fill out on why he had a split skull.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: