View Single Post

Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 PM

Liked 1,834 Times in 365 Posts
Default Another American Classic Gunleather home run

I asked our own 05CarbonDRZ to build me two special holsters. I recently bought a pristine 2" Model 15 with Grashorn stag grips. This presented some holster challenges. I asked Alex to do a Basketweave Brill style holster for the gun and a cartridge slide. I wanted something that reminded me of an old detective I worked with who carried a 2" Model 15. It was a good size to not hang under a suit or jacket in a OWB holster. I just wanted a "Texas version". Alex low cut the front of the holster to handle the rear sight.
This is what we called a court rig. I have yet to find anyone having an openly armed BBQ since moving to Texas. What I have seen are Court Rigs. Even in California, as a lawman I had some very nice distinctive rigs I wore openly to court. This was especially true when testifying as a firearms expert. A Texas Lawman in the 70's would have been proud to wear this to court or while working as an investigator. Great gun that now has great leather (the picture doesn't do the leather or gun justice). I will post the other rig later as it has it's own story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (144.6 KB, 1995 views)

Last edited by nyeti; 06-06-2015 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 66 Users Like Post: