View Single Post

Old 06-07-2015, 02:57 PM

Liked 1,837 Times in 365 Posts

This was a fun project with Alex. It started with buying the cartridge slide....just because it looked nice. I told Alex I would figure out a holster to go with it. When I bought the 2" model 15 I thought immediately that it would be neat in a short Brill Style rig. Alex said he would give it a shot. I asked for the basket pattern to run opposite to the holster body to get it to sort of pop on the cross strap and asked Alex to put his makers stamp in the middle. He was going to have to lower the front of the holster to accommodate the adjustable sights. Right from the first pattern I knew this was going to be special. When I saw the rig coming together I asked Alex to go ahead and do another one for me for a early 50's 2" M&P. I have to dig it out of the safe and do photos this week. The other rig is brown and has a retro feel I will detail when I post on it.
I think Alex captured what I wanted perfectly. A rig that a Texas investigator in the 70's would be proud to carry. Heck, if I had something like this when I started as a cop, it would be my court rig.....and trust me I had a glorious court rig in the late 80's (gorgeous Combat Commander that was hard chromed in several different kinds of hard chrome of the parts smuggled in with Space Shuttle parts in a Sparks black Yaqui slide).
Overall, I think Alex did an outstanding job of taking a vision and making it a reality with great communication throughout the process.

Last edited by nyeti; 06-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: