View Single Post

Old 06-10-2015, 08:34 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
How about a more current review on this 4 1/2 year old thread?

Do you still have the gun S&W Rover? Is it still as awesome as it was when new?

Some irony here. Over the years, I let that original M&P45 get way from me... but just today ordered another one almost like the one I bought in 2009 (SKU 109307). I ended up getting the 307607LE, very similar but with Night Sights and the magazine safety. One big difference: this one cost me $514 shipped, with an additional $50 rebate from S&W coming off that -- over $150 less than the one I bought in 2009. What was I thinking back then?

So I will take it to the range the weekend after it arrives from Bud's Guns and see how it does. Most of what can be said about M&Ps in general, and the M&P45 too, has been said over the years on this forum. So the update will just cover improvements that I can notice in the trigger (e.g., the "2012 trigger") and any other things I might be able to perceive. I intend to keep this pistol mostly "stock" and stay away from the Apex parts, good as they are, to keep the overall price down. I will delete the magazine safety lever and replace it with the S&W factory spring that fills in the space (sneaky way to get one without the warning embossed on the right side of the slide!). I have ordered a third magazine.

This will be a home-defense and travel gun that goes to the range, not a range gun. I will be reloading practice ammo (I just ordered 500 230 grain bullets from Xtreme, and still have a stash of around 2000 large pistol primers, and some new found Unique, Power Pistol, and Red Dot powder). Comments and observations to follow. Old and jaded as I am, I am pretty excited about this gun.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 06-12-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Revised info on actual model purchased