View Single Post

Old 06-14-2015, 02:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,632 Times in 970 Posts

I think that is correct about the VA not permitting the counselors to copy records.

I'm probably one of the biggest cheerleaders for the VA, never had any problem, get the best care, and have the insurance so I could go anywhere. But I like the VA.

But, as always, I digress.

I stopped in to see about filing a claim for my cancer and some other problems which I am Service Connected for have gotten worse.

Well, let me tell you! I was furious! I had to wait and wait to see a counselor. I must have waited just under 15 minutes from the time I walked in the door without an appointment until the counselor was sitting with me in his office. 15 minutes? I've waited longer to get waited on at a restaurant than that.

He filled out all the "stuff" for me. Got a filed on date (so if I get additional benefits, they'll start the day I filed).

But I have an outside doctor who has info on some of my service connected problems.

He told me to get the records, take them somewhere and get them copied, as the VA did not allow him to make copies. I gathered it has to do with some security issue as suggested in posts above.

I don't know much about discs/copying/machine keeping a record, but I think I'd talk to someone who knows and ask how is the safest way to get a copy made.

Bob
The Following User Likes This Post: