View Single Post

Old 07-01-2015, 10:01 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,963 Times in 3,661 Posts

Not an expert----don't really know-----but

There is no mention of non-checkered ("presentation") Magna grips in any of the RM writings with which I am familiar. Such things became available----leaving unanswered WHEN they became available.

I must assume the nickel guns were marked (with an N). I had one for a spell. It lettered as nickel. I doubt I would have noticed if it was so marked or not.

And now, finally, a question I can answer as well as anybody---and better than most. That's because it is treated thoroughly in Jinks' RM article, and anybody who has that article is an instant expert. There were 144 KNOWN nickel guns at the time of Jinks' article (late '80's (??)). We experts can give you the registration numbers and barrel lengths of every damn one of them----and tell you if the whole gun was nickel---or just parts of it---and which parts of it----if you care. And if you care, you have WAY too much time on your hands. (And that "KNOWN" up there signifies the fact the records on 853 RM's were not available at the time of the article---and for all I know, may still not be available.)

The End.

Ralph Tremaine

AND---I can also tell you how many (AND WHICH) of the 144 known nickels had "Humpback" hammers----not counting the 853 guns we know absolutely nothing about---except that they were made---maybe.

Last edited by rct269; 07-01-2015 at 10:51 AM.