View Single Post

Old 07-10-2015, 01:43 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Thank you to both of you for the replies. I compared the play spring to.the one in my 5906 (which has a butter smooth single and double action pull) and it appears to be functioning correctly. It holds light pressure against the trigger in single action mode as it should.

I ended up stripping the frame and started checking some things and giving it a good cleaning. Nothing appeared oit of the ordinary.

What I am noticing is that the problem only occurs when the slide is on the frame.

I put the slide on as far back as it goes without putting any tension on it. I left the takedown pin out. I cocked it into single action. I worked the trigger like I have been to just before it releases the hammer. Same gritty pull and stacks about three times in a tiny distance.

Now, I could see the front of the drawbar and the drawbar plunger spring through the takedown hole. As I work the trigger back slow, I can see the the drawbar "jumping" and almost what looks like binding each time it stacks. Could there be something in the plunger spring hole that is causing it to hang up like this? Anything in the rear portion of the frame? When the slide is off and I work the trigger it's as smooth as can be. What contacts the trigger when the slide is put on? It looks to me like the feed ramp gets awfully close to the trigger when assembled......

Please offer any insight you can. I have 5 3rd gen pistols and all are like butter except this one. The gun is a beauty but the trigger is killing it for me.

Last edited by HK40USP; 07-10-2015 at 01:47 AM.