View Single Post

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 AM

Liked 402 Times in 97 Posts

I guess most of you gunslingers have no idea how a drone works.
First of all if a drone is hovering 100ft above your property, does not necessarily means spying on your sexy body. Drones also used to video a scenery at an horizontal angle. Like if you are standing on a bridge it doesn't mean you are filming the bridge itself. You will be filming the city skyline!

Maybe it's a drone used by a realtor to show the neighborhood or maybe the outline of the next door property which is listed for sale.

I understand your fury if you see a drone 5 ft away from your teenager daughter's window. But still, even under that circumstance you need to find a way to bring it down without firing a shot in a populated area.

I didn't realize some of you were so sensitive about your privacy to a level that you'll agree that firing a weapon is ok towards a non-life threatening object.

What if your neighbor's teenager son on their roof looking towards your backyard and acting like fiddling with the dish antenna while checking out your wife by your swimming pool? Do you fire a shot towards him too?

When you see a helicopter hovering above your house do some of you guys run and grab your AR15s and start shooting at it ?

It's strange and also funny to me that some of you guys think only threat to your privacy is a toy drone operated by your neighbor deserves to be shot down! But in every other case your privacy is protected.

For example a drone camera does not have the zoom ability while a handheld video camera can zoom into your right eye from 3 house away.

Flying a drone below 400ft AGL airspace is legal. Just because you don't like drones, shooting them down during their legal operation with an excuse like it violates your privacy doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Again think about the consequences, if you take a drone down and if there is not even a 1 second long video file of your property or anything that violates your privacy on its sim card, that will be one hell of an expensive target practice for you!

If you have deep pockets and enjoy updating drone owners equipment go ahead by all means!

Last edited by Capt.Jim; 07-30-2015 at 02:16 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: