View Single Post

Old 07-30-2015, 11:42 AM

Liked 150 Times in 90 Posts

A response I posted elsewhere:

Lee

There is no indication of voyeuristic intent on the drone owners. No peeping Tom. There was no trespass - one does own the airspace above ones property. There may have been an invasion of privacy, since the man said he has a six foot privacy fence. It depends on whether or not the fence provided complete privacy.

Whether or not the operator of the drone violated a law, the shooter definitely did. The drone could have come down on the street in front of his home and caused an injury accident, or struck another person. And even though shotguns have more limit effective range, the shotgun blast could have injured another person he didn't know was on the other side of his privacy fence. A single piece of shot, even falling at terminal velocity, could have blinded, caused other serious injury, or even caused a fatality. The shooter was arrogantly stupid. One potential violation of the law doesn't excuse another.

I'm not condoning the drone operator. But I think it's moronic to admire, condone, or emulate such wanton stupidity.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: