View Single Post

Old 07-31-2015, 05:43 AM
US Veteran

Liked 230 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Jim View Post
Let me answer each point you made to show you how much of a nonsense involved in your claims...

1) People shouldn't be going around shooting at things they don't like or sensitive to...

2) Not bothers me at all because I have nothing to attract a sex offender in or around my house... I don't have a 20 some year old supermodel daughter sunbathing topless in my backyard. But also, do you really think a drone is the ONLY tool sex offenders choose to watch and target their victims? How about video cameras, binoculars, telescopes....? Which idiot sex offender will watch your home with a visible and noisy drone which is also traceable back to him while there are ton of other untraceable methods available to them.

3) Nobody can see if anybody at home with a drone! Period! If a thief has a X-Ray vision capable drone it means he spent about half a million dollars to steal your lousy TV... Not realistic... There's no difference from a person looking at your house from outside even with binoculars or looking via a drone. Imagine you are in shower or in bathroom shaving or taking a nap, how in the world that drone buzzing on top of your roof going to find out if you're home or not? That's a ridiculous argument!

4) What drone seeing you cleaning your guns? Where do you clean your guns? What kind of home you live in for God's sake?

5) Most of the drones are operated by photograph and videography enthusiasts or professionals like real estate agents, building inspectors... Drone technology is advance enough that with a built in GPS technology they can't be flown within 3 miles of airports. It simply doesn't work!

6) When commercial aircraft begin to fly 50 ft above your backyard I don't think crashing to a drone will be the only thing to worry about!

Your last comment scares the **** out of me... If someday a kid playing with his flying R/C toy will be shot by a paranoiac maniac and you'll be doing the happy dance!

Now I see what type of mentality giving the ammunition to the anti-gun crowd! Good going!
Well I will rely on your expertise in the matter. Please educate me I don't have one.

2) Did I say that the drone was the only tool of the sex offender?

3) Are you saying that a drone in hover outside a second story window, especially at night with the lights on in a room cannot see inside the room?
Some windows in a home are not accessible for someone with binoculars or a camera due to the elevation or positioning.

4) If drones cannot see inside through the windows then they would not see me cleaning my guns. I know some people clean and photograph guns in their back yard or back deck. Unless you stick your head over the wall you wouldn't see anything.

5) I understand the GPS tells you where the drone is. Is it physically impossible to breech the boundary of an airport? If you try to go farther does it shut down due to the electronics?

6) On a high end drone what is the limit on altitude, not the FAA imposed limit but the mechanical/aerodynamic limit? The FAA set the limit at 400ft? I watched a video from a news helicopter I think, it had a problem with a drone. What do the helicopters fly at, 500ft?
During the fire fighting efforts in CA where the cars caught on fire, they said that the helicopters had a issue with drone in the area? Are they wrong? I have seen on the news a commercial pilot mentioning a hazardous flight condition because of a drone, was that debunked?

You seem to think that there is no possibility that people will misuse these drones. That is like saying people will never misuse guns. Is it impossible to spy on people with a drone?

I actually think they are a cool device and provide great videos from angles that most people will never see otherwise. I understand all the points you made about the legitimate uses of drones but you don't seem to have a problem with the darker uses.

You don't seem to value privacy very much, it may be a cultural difference.
It is bad enough to have the government spy on us, now we will have kids doing it. If someone is outside my home holding a video camera up to my window I can call the police and report them for trespassing. Can't do that when a drone does it can I?

As for your last comment , those 4 guys that confronted the shooter came close to getting shot didn't they? They were trying to intimidate him on his property right? Shouldn't they have just gone to the police?

Locally some father caught a guy peeping on his 12yo daughter, he almost beat him to death. I did not think he should have beat him but people do things they shouldn't.