View Single Post

Old 08-01-2015, 07:57 PM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts

Local governments are precluded from legislating the use of airspace, and that is a good thing we must support.
As to a drone "spying" on a person, consider: Google Earth probably has a pic of your home, or three or four, from the street. In fact, anyone can walk or drive by your property and take pictures. You can't shoot them.

You can't shoot traffic surveillance cameras. People are prosecuted for vandalizing or stealing game cameras.

Hunters have been prosecuted for shooting drones used by anti-hunting groups.

I don't like the idea of drones over my property taking pictures. I especially think they are being used by child enticers, and someone else here mentioned people using drones to photograph women and girls in bikinis. A person on the beach or in a public park who takes pictures of people cannot be shot for it.

You are being photographed many many times in most cities. You can't shoot the cameras.

I think law will have to decide when a drone is "trespassing", as though a photographer had come onto your property. Fifty feet up? One hundred feet up? I expect law will have to cover the noise they make, too. Consider someone using loud music to disrupt a wedding, funeral or religious service.

EXPECT anti-gun creeps to use them to disrupt hunting, shooting competitions, and your day at the range with family. Start working out how - now - to fight them.

There may be a place for anti-drone drones. If I see one over my property I could launch my own that would harry it until it fell or left. I can, after all, shove a trespasser off my property. I could "arm" my drone with ribbons, confetti, oil squirters, etc., and release them in the way of the offending drone, "allowing" it to fly into them. My argument would be it was chasing mine. It would be just like flying in Vietnam!

We may not be able to legally use violence against drone users, but I see no reason why I couldn't harass them right back. Since they have, by regulation, limited range and must be operated line-of-sight, I could follow it to the user and take pictures of my own to post online, make it obvious I am taking pix of license plates, etc. Until drones become as ordinary as cars, newspapers and TV stations will love stories with photos of the privacy violators.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: