View Single Post

Old 08-07-2015, 12:54 PM

Liked 1,090 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0OBWxZS16 View Post
BB57,

Marshall and Sanow do NOT have a database of shootings. The provided analyses demonstrate that quite sufficiently.

Ballistic gelatin has been verified against real shootings at least as far back as 1991.
Performance of the Winchester 9mm 147 Grain Subsonic Jacketed Hollow Point Bullet in Human Tissue and Tissue Simulant by Eugene Wolberg, Senior Firearms Criminologist at the San Diego Police Crime Laboratory

Did you really just accuse Wolberg, MacPherson, Roberts, and Fackler of being "internet experts"?
Really,..? I've known Mr. Marshall for going on 38 years. Honest to a fault, been there and done that. He has probable forgotten more about ballistics and shootings than most folks recall.
147 grain rounds are fine when properly placed just like any other projectiles. I've seen a great deal of folks downed and out with 9mm ball or less. Personally, I never much cared for them but NOW, with 3rd or 4th generation projectiles, I load my BHP with them as I prefer to use standard velocity rounds in it. We must still endeavor to place as many projectiles into a threat as possible as fast as possible or until that threat ceases to be one. Carry what you like and your weapon likes as it really doesn't matter what I or any other party likes or doesn't. It's your Tookas on the line.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: