View Single Post

Old 08-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer951 View Post
In your last post in the previous thread you indicated the gun was back together and working. Have you made any other changes since the previous problem with the hammer block was corrected?

You indicated before that the stoppage was in the trigger return phase of the cycle. Are you now saying that the action is locking up when the trigger is being pulled DA?

(I hope those are empty casings in the gun and not live ammunition!)
Yes, they are casings! I managed to remove the live rounds and duplicate the stoppage with spent shells.

The hammer block is merely laying there, it moved when I took the cover off.

Yes, Armorer, this is a new problem. After about every 5 rounds the trigger "stops and everything locks-up. The cylinder won't wiggle, the hammer won't move back, the trigger is frozen in place.

It was a good gun for 30 years until I removed the original hammer and ground too much off the spur. Now I have bought 2 more hammers from ebay and they are both experiencing this new problem.

I am on my way to range to try the factory trigger and see what happens. I realize I could do this at home with casings , but I want to shoot some rifles too.

I respond again tonight.

Last edited by Sargent Tom; 08-07-2015 at 04:46 PM.