View Single Post

Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhyde View Post
I don't get the whole hatred of drones.
There isn't anything to get or understand, other than the fact that there are a whole bunch of folks whose day-week-life isn't fulfilled if they aren't griping, whining, or ranting about something they don't like or something they disagree with. We all do it, of course, to some degree...but some people can't seem to function in society or on an Internet forum without doing it.

Oddly enough, a lot of the people who are ranting about drones, or pretending they know it all, are the same ones who rant about too much government control or intervention in our lives. These people now want the government, or "Them", to create new laws and regulations. Yessir, we all need more regulation, more structure, in our lives, that's for sure.

Quote:
We forum members have a hobby that a lot of people want to ban.
We sure do, don't we? And don't we get up on our self-righteous high horse when "They" start up about regulating anything pertaining to our hobby?

Quote:
I'm not a spy or pervert, I just like to fly.
There should be no need to deny anything or explain yourself here, just as there should be no need for someone who makes his own ammo or has a large gun collection to deny being a terrorist or a serial killer.

Quote:
We don't get much snow here in Georgia, but all of the neighbors wanted pics of their houses when we had a 6" snowfall earlier this year. Here's a "selfie" of me in my yard full of snow. There's nothing "spy worthy" in this shot at all.
That's a cool shot, I like it a lot. I love winter landscapes, and I like the spontaneous/unplanned aspect of the photo. As a photographer, I'd love to be able to do that. And just think of the wildlife photography you could do! But I don't have a drone, or the money to get into another hobby.

Plus, I wouldn't want the lynch mob showing up on my property with torches and pitchforks.

By the way, thanks for one of the more intelligent posts in this thread.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: