View Single Post

Old 08-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
If you are ever forced to fire your gun in anger, which few of us outside law enforcement ever will, any sort of 9mm hollow point that will reliably function in your pistol will likely do the job. The recipient will not know what brand ammo you are using. If you can put a couple of rounds through the boiler room, he won't care. Higher velocity=greater internet bragging rights.
And more risk in court. I am by no means an expert on firearms or legal proceedings but I did a lot of research/reading on CC when I recently purchased a Shield 9 and was trying to decide what ammo to carry.

Of course no sane person ever wants to shoot someone but in the event you do there is some likelihood that you may end up in court, either on the whim of a local prosecutor or the target/target's family in civil court. As part of that process, one item that will most certainly come under scrutiny is your choice of ammo for personal defense. If you're carrying +P ammo or whatever badass round then that can be used against you in court by an opposing attorney to make it look as though you wanted to shoot/kill someone.

For that reason, along with favorable reviews, I chose to carry Federal "Personal Defense" 124 JHP in my Shield. I'd rather cover my *** in court than have Internet bragging rights.