View Single Post

Old 08-17-2015, 08:58 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

My first ride home on my first bike was a mini disaster. I've never sat on a bike before that day. At the dealership they let me ride around the parking lot till I got comfortable enough to get on the road. The ride back was about 20 min. A few miles from home I took a left turn too sharp and the bike slid out from underneath me. I ended up on the grass (not hurt) and the bike had somehow rotated the shifter backwards. So instead of shifting with your toes you'd have to shift with your heal....if that was even possible. ..assuming if didn't actually break anything. Didn't know what to do, couldn't call anyone, kinda stuck on the side of the road. A few minutes later a group of mean looking bikers road by. All tattoo'd, patches, 1% ....scraggly looking mean dudes. They pulled over and a few walked over to me. Yep this kid on a Japanese crotch rocket is about to get beat! One guy was even tensing his fists by his sides. I'm thinking oh please let a car drive by...please please please! One guy asks what happened as the others circle me. ..I told him. He goes to his bike, gets some tools, the others stand around me. He looks at my bike takes out a ratchet and in 2 min my bike was fixed! I offer to pay but the decline and just tell me to take it easy the rest of the way.
The Following 31 Users Like Post: