View Single Post

Old 08-17-2015, 05:46 PM

Liked 285 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmaster View Post
Yesterday I was out on a motorcycle ride. I was litterally in the middle of nowhere when I noticed my rear tire was flat.
I did have cel phone service so I got ahold of my son in law and he was on his way to rescue me. but I was there for about two and a half hours.

This was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. A car came by about every 5 or 10 minutes whitch is a long time compared to most places.

About a half hour into my wait a car went by and kept going over the next hill a couple miles down the road. about 5 minutes later that car came over the hill coming back.

As the car got closer I noticed they had a license plate from an eastern state and the two guys in the car were really sketchey looking. I had a really bad feeling.

I am the guy that ALWAYS carries. Always. Yesterday was in the high 90's and I think the high was 101 degrees. When I am riding the wind blows my shirt up exposing my gun in a IWB holster and it was hot and any other excuse I had to not carry yesterday. Anyway I wasn't carrying.

These two guys asked if I needed help and said something about having an air compressor and started to get out of their car. I told them I had help on the way and didn't need their help but they kept getting out of their car.

About that time a guy and lady rode up on a motorcycle and stopped and asked if I needed help. The two guys got back in their car and left.

I know in my mind that those guys were up to something. I was a long way from nowhere and very volunerable. All I had to protect myself was a pocket knife. I think at very least they planned on robbing me and taking my wallet. Who knows what else they had planned.

The moral of this story is NEVER I mean NEVER leave home without some way to protect yourself.

I learned my lesson and it turned out allright and for that I feel lucky. It won't happen again.

Thanks for listening
Wingmaster
Good advice buddy! As an LEO I always carry myself and I would suggest the same for all CCW holders.

There's a reason you got one.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: