Thread: Talo edition?
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2015, 12:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 8,829 Times in 1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post

With the 586 Talo L-Comp, you have with the Talo a 7 shot .357 S&W blued, with a compensated 3" barrel, action tuning by the performance center (though not a PC gun as so many falsely assume, see S&W web site), it is milled for clips, it has a tritium front sight, and a number of normally MIMS parts are steel forged. From the S&W current web site, "First Blued, Seven-Shot Mid-Size Revolver Offered by Smith & Wesson". You also have a very steep MSRP that is $1,300ish.
It's definitely a Performance Center product, and their statement that it is the first is probably "technically" correct, but this is not the first production of this product, it was for Camfour some time back.

I'm curious about the picture they used, it shows a hammer mounted firing pin, so an old pic for sure, I would be very interested to see what they use currently, my guess is a frame mounted version along with the lock.

Here's the S&W website information, details in the text (lower right panel) that it is a PC product and the 170xxx product code is another giveaway.