View Single Post

Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM

Liked 4,271 Times in 1,805 Posts
Default N Frame and Small Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhel View Post
Welcome to the forum.

The magna style grips put my hand too far away to have a good pull on the trigger. I use a tyler T on several guns that I have with the magna grips. I like them a lot. Recently I ordered the Ahrends retro target stocks. These stocks are thinner than the S&W targets and also work well with those of us that have small hands (or in my case, medium size hands with short stubby fingers).

That's exactly right about the magnas. I have stubby digits, too (I dunno what size gloves I wear, but a pair of medium White Mule work gloves fit me.....like a glove[emoji47])

I assume DA shooting is your problem? Whatever you do, don't mess with those original grips!

Hogues are pretty thin. I don't care for finger grooves. I know you can get their wood grips sans fgs, I dunno about the neoprene ones. I still don't like the location of their Palm swells. But the good thing is, the neoprene grips are cheap enough you can grind/sand them to the shape you like without fear. You also don't have to worry about thinning them too much and causing a crack.

Remember for DA shooting you want something rounded and that tapers in the opposite direction as factory targets. The factory stocks flare out towards the butt, so your shortest fingers are gripping the widest part.

Last edited by jtcarm; 08-26-2015 at 06:50 PM.