View Single Post

Old 09-01-2015, 01:23 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc44 View Post
Sal...I have looked through the manufacturing book on a couple of occasions. It does not tell you anything about a particular revolver. For example, the book only shows how many of each model were made on a particular day. For the 44 Magnum, it lists the number of NT-430s made each day. There is no information on serial number, finish, or barrel length. The shipping records tell you where and when a particular serial number was shipped. Again, no reference to anything about the gun. The invoices must be checked for that information and they are located at the Museum of Springfield History.

Bill
thank you, Bill. I have something to look forward to, God willing. Should I make it to the Museum of Springfield History, will the curator provide me these documents. Naturally, I would call in advance of taking a trip there. I suppose I could used the 2 closest serial number ship dates and hope it is near the same date although I know they were not shipped sequentially.

Or, perhaps one or two of the others with a 4" barrel (andsimilar barrel markings) were manufactured and shipped near the same date. I suppose that would be as good a place to start as any.

Thanks again for all your help, Bill. If I could ever return the courtesy, you have but to ask. Sal