View Single Post

Old 09-02-2015, 12:44 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrishMasher View Post
Here is the As New 3953 I picked up a couple of months ago. I paid $380 for it. No box or papers, and just one mag.

As far as I am concerned it is the ultimate single stack 9mm. Not too small, not too big. Most importantly NO PLASTIC! (Though I have to admit, I think my Shield 9mm is an excellent little gun).

I really prefer to have a consistent trigger pull on a carry gun, that is why I went with the 3953 over the 3913. I really like the DAO trigger.
Beautiful! Despite being well over my budget for this year, I'd still snap up a nice condition Model 3953 in a heartbeat if I could only find one! Unfortunately, it would have to be in state to buy because it is not on our MA EOPS list. And the chances of finding one in any sort of decent shape in state are somewhere between zero and nil.

I passed up a cosmetically damaged one back in April because it would have been too risky and possibly expensive to try to have it fixed. I still wonder sometimes if I did the right thing. One never knows.

No complaints with my 3913 or either of my two plastic 9mm Shields (the second one bought by mistake! ). But the butter-smooth trigger on that marred 3953 I passed up was truly something special.