View Single Post

Old 09-03-2015, 06:02 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Atlantic isn't more than 20 minutes away on a bad day. I think we talked to Adam, who was very nice.

I think the people working there were also caught by surprise. I don't buy the "liability issue" story that was spun, but it's their store so they can make their own policies.
Well, of course, it was the new owner (Safariland) that shut off all civilian sales. Had nothing to do with liability insurance but that made for a convenient cover story. So did the store people have any advance notice that this was coming? Only they know the truthful answer to that.

Lenny had other underlying motivation to misguide me into an alternate buy, but that's a story best left for some other time.

Quote:
From what I remember their policy was public safety only, but not limited to law enforcement. Active and retired as well.
Correct. They have stretched the typical "LEO only" policy to the max. Military veterans and retired LEO's qualify as do EMT's. Have you inquired if you qualify? Probably doesn't matter anyway as the super "Grand Opening" buys are most likely long gone by now. I'm back to doing all my new gun business with Carl again and that's fine by me.

Quote:
I'm aware of the Zander two tone 457, but haven't roused the energy to drive out there yet.
First time I looked at it way back when, it was in excellent shape. I even made a substantial cash offer to buy it in combination with another nice 3rd Gen they had in stock at the time. Eventually, it came out that the other gun had been informally promised to some young stud pal of the owner and that was why the deal was nixed. Terrible ethics out there but such is life. It's just the culture of that shop (in particular) and the area.

Anyway, who knows its condition upon its return visit. I haven't been back to that shop lately. It's not exactly on my favorite shops list.