View Single Post

Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 PM

Liked 79 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggbbruce View Post
If you open the cylinder pull back the bolt and then pull the trigger, how does it feel?

I'd guess real good.

I've had many with burrs in the extractor pockets that ground the trigger pull to a stop.

Polishing stone and some careful clean up, turned them into my guns with the best trigger pulls.
I did what you tried, and that's not what's causing the problem. It still exists even with the cylinder open. But your suggestion has led to another clue, probably a very important one, but I don't know what to do with it.

When I pull the trigger with the cylinder open, I can see the cylinder stop hand go down immediately, and after about 1/4" of trigger travel, the trigger hangs a little. It's right before the cylinder stop hand pops back up. So something about the cylinder stop hand, or whatever releases it to pop back up, is causing a stoppage. When I feel the trigger stack up, and force through it, once the cylinder stop hand springs back up, the resistance disappears, and the trigger pulls right through without a problem. So, what can I do to alleviate that? If I open the gun up, will it void the warranty? I've completely detail stripped a Ruger, including the entire trigger and the cylinder release latch, and I've stripped several 1911s, so I'm confident about being able to put it back together, but If I'm going to void the warranty by opening this up and polishing or deburring a part, I'm not going to do it.