Thread: sd9ve slide
View Single Post

Old 09-23-2015, 02:01 AM

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

I'm a lefty too. I had to get used to adjusting my trigger finger so that it wouldn't bind up the slide lock. Just to clarify...On your first post, you stated that after the last shot (first magazine) the slide didn't lock back. Then you installed the plastic guide rod and it locked back after last round. (different magazine)
Second post you at the end seems like you're stating its locking back after each time you fired the weapon.

Per your first post: if its not locking back after the last round, it can be hand position. Try shooting right handed unsupported if you feel comfortable. If it doesn't lock back after last round, take the slide off, insert an empty magazine and check if the magazine follower pushes the tang on the slide lock up. Insure that there is adequate contact. (see picture: tang/follower portion is circled in red, it's an M&P. Almost identical design)

If its locking back after every shot, again use your right hand unsupported. Your left knuckle may be pushing the slide lock up causing your issue. Also pull up on the slide lock (slide off) it should snap back down with some force.

Hope this helps.
(keep offending magazine separate to help with the diagnosis)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1267_zpse4d6f325.jpg (61.1 KB, 122 views)