Thread: Squib Loads
View Single Post

Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Liked 60 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo. T. View Post
I have one of those powder measures on a Lee 1000 Pro I got in a trade. That and their primer feed are the reasons that It's seldom used. It will make a popping sound when it short charges or fails to load at all. I loaded 500 357 magnum loads and then found this trate. I weighed all 500 and found 38 that were very light or no powder. I was juat lucky that I was loading a stiff charge of H-110 so that the scale pointed them out!
I noticed my Lee adjustable disc measure making a popping noise and then began finding uncharged cases as well. One of the problems I have while reloading is getting enough light on the cases to see the charge. I used the following: Flexible LED Light-Assorted Colors -Teal, Raspberry, Purple | Jo-Ann

I don't recommend going into JoAnn's Fabrics without your wife as you will get swamped by all the lady employees who "know" you're in the wrong place and you must leave as soon as possible. I like going in there just to see them get jumpy! Also, just noticed this light was on sale for half off.

Anyway, this solved my problem with my Lee. Now I can see into every case as I charge them.