View Single Post

Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 PM

Liked 1,511 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjcc81 View Post
Well, I FUBARed the trigger. So now I guess my warranty's void, right? Great. I shouldn't have. But I shouldn't have had to. I wish I was a more patient person, and could be satisfied with S&W's obvious "replace hand the first time for no reason" warranty repair system, and sent it back in for round 2. This is rediculous. This problem should have been caught by QC. Then it should have been fixed when I sent it in.

So, aside from "you shouldn't have messed with it," and "you should have sent it back again," what advice can you guys provide for me? Will triggers drop in, or do they require fitment?

I'm going to call S&W in the morning and let them know that they didn't fix the problem, and that I FUBARed my trigger trying to fix it myself.
Well, that's a bummer. Some of us are tinkerers at heart, but the trick to tinkering is knowing the difference between tinkering and breaking.

If I were you.....I'd just send it back to Smith and give them my CC number and politely say "You messed up by letting it go and then not fixing it the first time, and I messed up by thinking I could do what you would not.... so work with me here if it's no longer under warranty and maybe cut me a break. We both have egg on our face."

Last edited by Pef; 10-06-2015 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: