View Single Post

Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Liked 79 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapworth View Post
You jumped from saying you smoothed the action up nicely but the original hitch is still there to saying you FUBARed the trigger -- did I miss something?

You've gotten a wide variety of excellent advice thus far, what more do you want? MIM triggers generally drop in, but you'll still have the hitch.

Call S&W, or LSG Mfg, or a good local revolversmith, or make it a learning gun, or sell it honestly and take your lumps.
I smoothed the action with a basic stoning. It didn't fix the problem, so I looked for the problem area. I thought I found it on the trigger, and tried to reshape the surface, and screwed up the double action sear surface. Now the double action pull is ruined. I was hoping I could buy a new trigger and then send it in and see if S&W would overlook my attempt. If not, then I guess I'm going to have to start saving money to get this thing back in working order, and call it a lesson learned. Then I'm going to think about selling it honestly. And then I'll take some time to decide if buying S&W in the future is worth the money, time, and inconvenience. I had my sights set on a 629, but I don't want to go through this again.

Last edited by ccjcc81; 10-06-2015 at 10:16 PM.