View Single Post

Old 10-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Liked 1,447 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
Guns are expensive. I've got one gun (actually three or four, individually) that equals the price of the largest, most expensive safe I saw at Cabela's last week . . . Any five of mine would approach that same price point. Think safes are expensive now?
Again, are we talking an actual safe or a residential security container? Keep in mind that they're not the same; Underwriters Laboratories typically rates the latter for only 5 minutes against attacks from common hand tools and drilling. A thief can break into one in even less time than that if it's not bolted to the floor.

If we're trying to make the point that if someone can't afford a safe, they're an "irresponsible" firearm owner, we're essentially saying that firearm ownership is a "rich man's" hobby.

Most big box RSCs provide little more security than a locked glove compartment. This is not an exaggeration.

The best "security system" resides between our ears. Own a firearm? DON'T ADVERTISE. Don't tell anyone you do not explicitly trust that you own them, and don't put firearm related stickers on your vehicle.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: