View Single Post

Old 10-16-2015, 05:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50,502 Times in 6,019 Posts

My vote goes to Discover. Excellent customer service. Easy to track. Lots of options. A couple of years ago, someone hacked my number and bought over $5,000 of furniture. I was alerted by Discover, I disclaimed the purchase, and I had a new card with a different number by FedEX express in one day. I usually call them when I'm going out of town to be sure they will accept charges from where I'm going. I get alerted when my balance exceeds a certain amount, and I can see my purchase history on line with no hassle. I can pick the day I wish to pay off my balance. I believe Discover has been rated tops in customer service for several years running, and I can see why. I've always paid my balance in full each month, and I've never had a service or interest charge. Plus they have a nice cashback bonus plan. Amazon is keyed into it, and when I buy a book or whatever on Amazon, I usually find my cashback amount sufficient to cover it, so it's like getting it for free. Nice to encounter a company that does things right, for a change.

John