View Single Post

Old 10-18-2015, 01:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BG 380 Night Sights

I found the sights on the BG 380 to be hard to acquire even in a reasonably lit range environment. I do not want to rely on the laser. When I first got the gun the batteries died and I was unable to remove the bolt that held it into the gun. Shipped it back to S&W and they changed it out and sent me a new allen wrench. I used white primer on the front sight and then 2 coats of the florescent pink spray paint used on asphalt to mark pipes and wire routes. I sprayed them both into a small plastic cup and applied both primer and paint separately with a flat toothpick. The front sight now stands out like a strobe light even in low light conditions. The white primer really boosts the reflectivity of the pink florescent paint. I also used the white primer and a very small artist's brush to outline the rear sight notch. Sight acquisition is now second nature and the gun shoots to point of aim using a Hornaday self defense load, and slightly below with FMJ range ammo at 10 to 15 yards. I have also used the artist's brush to put a small dot of the pink paint in the center of the front white dot sight on my Glock 26 and outlined the gas tube insert of the front sight of the Trijicon night sights on my S&W 6946. It really helps front sight acquisition on both guns.