View Single Post

Old 10-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Liked 404 Times in 242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfreeman View Post
All pieces are proprietary, or just those that relate to the area of the upper around the piston? I assume the lower is all still standard and it still has a rail for sights, etc. Are all upper pieces proprietary? I don't know which mods I'd do to the piston area, so it may not be a big deal?
The proprietary parts are the same parts that come in any Adams Arms piston conversion hit to convert any DI rifle to a piston rifle.

The BCG that will come in the Blem rifle will be voodoo arms 'lifecoat' processed coating (very smooth, no milling marks what so ever). The barrel is a Voodoo 1:7 barrel. I originally though that perhaps this was the 'blem', as the barrel had no markings of any kind as far as rifling or chamber, but I was mistaken. I removed the standard hand guard to install my preferred MagPul Moe hand guard, which fit perfectly, and under the hand guard is where the barrel is laser etched with the Voodoo 1:7 5.56 information. I have since built 2 other AR's using the Voodoo barrels and all are labeled in this fashion between the upper and the gas block. The Voodoo Barrel has this same 'lifecoat' process inside and out, lifecoat is AA/Voodoo's name for melonite.

And yes, you could use a DI upper on the AA lower should you choose to have multiple uppers. Just keep in mind that a piston BCG and a DI BCG are not to be interchanged since the piston BCG has a solid 'gas' key that the piston pushes against as opposed to a gas tube that slide in the gas key of the standard DI BCG. I might add that the trigger in the AA was the second best mil spec trigger I had amongst my various AR's, second to my Colt LE6920, far better than the ~9lb pull of my M&P 15A. The AA and Colt were both in the ~6-6.5lb range with a crisp clean break.

Last edited by crracer_712; 10-19-2015 at 11:44 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: