View Single Post

Old 10-25-2015, 11:51 PM

Liked 106 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
What's more, take it back to the dealer and they say that it's 'in spec'.
I agree, being told it is "in spec" is aggravating. What is even more aggravating is when the customer service rep for a major firearms company basically calls you a liar when you describe the problem with the gun. I had that happen with a well known and respected company (although with a poor customer service reputation), I told them that the first range trip with my new rifle, the bolt handle literally fell off in my hand while closing the bolt during normal firing. The rep told me almost straight out that I was lying, and that I mush have been "banging the stock on the ground, trying to get a stuck shell case out with the bolt handle". I told him I was gently closing the bolt. He told me to ship the rifle to them so they could "see what really happened", and that I was going to have to pay shipping both ways. I told him that he was smoking crack (a little more politely), and that his supervisor would likely be more receptive than he was.

After two more phone calls to two levels of supervisors, I was apologized to profusely (they said they'd actually listened to my initial call), they sent me shipping labels for both directions, and put a new bolt on and test fired it. After looking at the bolt handle it was clear it had been welded on exceptionally poorly.

Long story short, it sure leaves a sour taste in your mouth when a company doesn't stand behind their products. On the opposite end of the spectrum you have companies like SIG and LaRue Tactical, who go WAY above and beyond when it comes to customer service issues.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: