View Single Post

Old 10-28-2015, 09:45 AM

Liked 749 Times in 345 Posts
Default WARNING for paper collectors outside US

It saddens me to say that a shipper in the US is going to destroy 3, model 41, parts list, currently sitting in there warehouse. Under the grounds they do not ship guns or gun parts. No warning, no notice, no change in policy, first I know is an e-mail saying these 3 items will not be forwarded.

For nearly 2 years they have shipped my catalogs and Smith & Wesson paper. Now they are calling them gun parts and they have to be disposed off. That’s destroyed, not posted back to sender or sent to a different US address, the word they use is discard!

The only good thing if I can say its good is they sent my pirates catalog some time ago. The S&W paper in question "parts list" are a single sheet of paper folded to give 4 pages, breakdown picture of gun, list or parts, maintenance and safety information.
One is what a call the 2nd type Model 41-1 parts list, these are one of the rarer types and possibly only a few hundred printed, possibly a few dozen remaining. It is the only one I have ever seen! The next one is a model 46 pats list which I believe is the 3rd type printed, considering 4000 guns made I would guess and say possibly 500 of this type printed. The third is an early blue model 41 Parts list, reasonably common or easier to find.

I will not name the company unless told I can. I will say if you have been using or know anyone using an address simular to mine “Express Ln, Sarasota, FL” find another. This is a warning to any and all gun paper collectors that currently use mail forwarders. Do not use an address like mine or you will lose that piece of history.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: