View Single Post

Old 10-31-2015, 01:00 PM

Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Default Modern designed Cap and Ball revolver exist?

Hey Everyone.

In some countries over the World (especially a countries of Central Europe where I come from), normal, non-guilty peoples can't buy any firearms. Why? Because, gun laws in these countries are piece of ****. But, there is a little gap - black powder firearms are fully legal and everyone can buy it. In places where normal guns are prohibited, that is an only way to equip with tool for self- and home-defense, some kinds of sports or just for fun (by the way, this situation shows how dumb is gun control - many people have arms like this and no one use it to massacres or another aberration. Eh, never mind).
I don't want here to discuss about reliability and efficacy of cap and ball firearms in use for self-defense or about politics, because question of this thread is other...

Once upon a time I wonder... Why Firearms manufacturers don't produce a modern designed cap and ball revolvers? What I mean in term "modern designed"? I mean line of actually produced revolvers (j-frames, k-frames, etc.), but in cap and ball configuration.

It can be a "jackpot profitable" when arms like this can go into markets in countries mentioned above. I think, more people would like to buy then firearms - J-frames for self-defense, etc.
In comparison to revolvers for cartridges, its can look this same, but its should has some features like easy disassemble cylinders for loading and reloading (in hot situation you can easy change a cylinders?!), etc. Its' can be certainly a better stuff than replicas from 1850 - lighter, smaller, more reliable...

Okay, that's only my dreams and cogitation, but go back to beginning of this thread - have you ever hear about modern looking/designed cap and ball revolver?

Last edited by AureasLibertas; 10-31-2015 at 03:08 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: