View Single Post

Old 10-31-2015, 01:28 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts

Thank You! You just gave me a project that I have all the equipment, supplies and skills to take on. I think that I can take a shooter grade 'K' frame and turn a cylinder into a dedicated cap and ball cylinder. The cap would be a normal production cap. It would be recessed into the cylinder to the normal depth for centerfire primers. It would probably need a slot for a hooked tool to pull a fired cap off the nipple. A nippled insert would be threaded into the end of the chamber on a permanent basis. With modern blackpowder the resultant in a 357 mag cylinder should easily be the equivalent of a 38 Special. Wow! I have a new winter project. .....

And, with a couple of such dedicated cylinders on hand, reloads wouldn't be too much of a hassle. And, the handgun could be placed back into centerfire status by just reinstalling the original cylinder. And, the blackpowder cylinder could be fabricated in a machine shop by the use of CNC equipment relatively inexpensively. The mind reels with the possibilities............
The Following 3 Users Like Post: