View Single Post

Old 11-07-2015, 12:15 AM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default .327 flexibility

I have 3 .327 magnum revolvers. 1 - 3" and 2 - 2". I have found these to be ideal for teaching new shooters particularly women. They can start out with a light .32 S&W long which feels just a bit more than a .22 but it is in a package that is the same as larger calibers. They learn sight picture, trigger control, singe and double action shooting all in a package that doesn't jump a lot in their hand.

They will shoot the light recoiling .32 S&W Long a lot. A lot more than a snub nose .38 even with light hand loads and thus they get practice with the gun and become comfortable with it.

For self defense put original factory loads and get 400+ ft. lb. of energy. Bottom end of .357 range. Real stopping power in a gun they are very familiar with and comfortable shooting.

I recommend a double action revolver for people who don't shoot a lot because they are as reliable and safe as possible and don't take "remembering". Pick it up, point at target, slowly squeeze the trigger - bang. Can't limp wrist it; no safety to leave on.

Thanks for reading.

Ken
The Following 3 Users Like Post: