View Single Post

Old 11-09-2015, 06:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 39,465 Times in 10,041 Posts

While I think S&W can and should do a better job on things like not canting barrels, I don't have a problem with mim parts. I have no reason to believe they are in any way inferior. As someone who forges I can tell you it has its own problems. Like cars less and less hand work does not mean less machine. Could Ed McGivern shoot a modern gun as well as the oldies? Ask Jerry M.

I bet some guys complained when they went from top beaks to hand ejectors. Who has had a problem because of a non recessed cylinder? Pinned barrels, I have a 1917 that I can turn the barrel several degrees in either direction with a nice straight pin and nothing wrong with the cut in the barrel threads. The pin is a nice touch, but doesn't really do anything. The side plates on my 3 and 4 screw guns stay on a well and as nice as on my 5 screw guns. I just got a triple lock, but lots of matches been won with guns that only have 2 and the vaulted Pythons only have one. I like my guns with LERKs, but don't really need them. Thinfs have changed a lot in the last appox 150 years with S&W and it is bad. Amazing you can still get a piece. of machinery like them for under $1000 bucks. In the early 1970s min was $.85 I was a stud derrick hand on oil rigs making $5 and a S&W was about $150.Now minimum wage is 10 time higher.I make almost $50 an hour when I chose to work, But a new smith isn't 10 times higher. Good job S&W

S&W still makes great guns, with great parts that work well.

Yes, they could step it up on the QC dept.

The lock is just a joke that does nothing and I highly doubt that it has saved a single life or injury. First of all I bet at least 99 out of 100 never get engaged. Plus, I would never load a gun and trust the lock in the first place and neither would any other half way responsible gun owner.

Last edited by steelslaver; 11-09-2015 at 06:18 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: