View Single Post

Old 11-13-2015, 01:41 PM

Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zork52 View Post
This IS and old thread. I'm in Mass and I prefer the thumb safety and actively trying to buy the parts to convert it to such, for reasons like some have stated here. I'm divorced, no kids, live alone and I still worry about somehow some GF's kid or something getting their hands on a gun and with the safety ON, it will NOT go boom. I have a big ole safe and it's either in there or on me, so chances are nill. Just my preference, but I am NO expert compared to some on here. But I am a responsible gun owner. Plus, MSM loves tragedies involving some kid killing themselves accidentally under circumstances discussed like on here.

I agree, it's still America (for now) so let the buyer choose.
I used a 1911 for nightstand duty etc for years. Bought a 9 & 40 M&P for the extra capacity but always felt a little vulnerable with a pistol w/o a safety especially when the cat jumped on the night stand one night. When the M&P .45 became available with a thumb safety I bought one and liked it so much I bought my son one also. Problem was I could not transfer it to him b/c he is in MA. Now I have one on each nightstand equipped with Streamlight TLR2s light and laser setups. I love the thumb safety on these because for me they are just the right size and even in the fog of sleep you will not have a problem disengaging this safety. 10 rounds mag with 230Gr Gold Dots & one in the chamber should take care of any threat or give me time to get to the Mossberg or AR. Tried the S&W 14 round mags when they came out and broke a loader trying to get the 14th in. With 13 they still were not 100% reliable on the first round feed. Too much pressure for the slid to strip the first round. Maybe they have improved. I use them for the range using ball ammunition and they have loosened up a bit and function well. The 10 round mags function 100% so that's what I use for defense. Feel sorry for you MA guys but at least you can now get a S&W E series 1911.