View Single Post

Old 11-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Banned

Liked 356 Times in 177 Posts

To the OP:

I am a fan of the .32 S&W Long (undoubtedly a 'deadly accurate' cartridge). Yours can take the higher pressure loads without ill effects. I wouldn't use any hollow point loads if I couldn't exceed 1000 fps. (Just my personal "rule of thumb"). In handguns, the friend of the .32 caliber is penetration. Do not put "speed brakes" on a bullet that isn't 'breaking any speed records' from the beginning!

The .32 S&W Long, loaded to maximum levels is perfectly adequate for self defense providing that the bullet is well placed! The beauty of the .32 Long is in it's superb accuracy and relatively low recoil. The .32 H&R Magnum allowed the .32 caliber to perform well at higher velocities while providing better penetration. With the shorter barrel of your handgun, you will be best served by loading the .32 S&W Long cartridge with 98 SWC ammunition to the highest velocities you can attain, wihtout loss of accuracy. This will provide adequate penetration and effective "killing power" (through penetration) available from your revolver.

Don't let anyone tell you that the .32 Long isn't an effective self-defense cartridge. While it may not have the power of the larger bores, it's ability to place bullets accurately under "stress fire" conditions shouldn't be underestimated. .32 revolvers can, and still will, kill with consummate efficiency.

Never forget that.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: