View Single Post

Old 11-26-2015, 09:20 PM

Liked 70 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHL View Post
Thank goodness!
I was afraid it was "Global Warming".

John
Nay, Nay, nay, Women's Lib. For decades before the mid 1980's police forces across the country were armed with Colt Single action .45's, 1911 .45's, All steel S & W .45 semis, .45 revolvers, and .357 revolvers. All of these were steel rootin tootin shootin guns for REAL lawman.

Then Sally Swat appeared looking for equal opportunity on the police force. "Those guns are too big. They are too powerful for me." she exclaimed. So, city councils throughout the land searched for a light weight, low power arm for their police so Sally would be happy and not sue them for discrimination.

Lo, from Austria it came. The city councils were ecstatic. "Look a plastic girls gun that shoots a puny 9mm. Won't Sally love us."

And Sally did. And that is why there are no more 3rd generation Smiths in production.

But that is not the end of the story. After a Chicago cop fired 16 shoots at a very nice boy last week, there will be a call to limit the power and capacity of police firearms because #Criminal Lives Matter. I would expect shortly that some city councils will adopt the NAA .22 Short 5 shot as their police duty gun.