View Single Post

Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 AM

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmann69 View Post
I just finished installing an Apex sear in my Shield .40 with no issues. It literally took me like 10 minutes from start to finish. I didn't purchase the whole trigger kit, because I didn't want to deal with removing the rear sight. I was really only interested in lowering the trigger pull.
I now have a nice 4.5 pound trigger pull. If you leave the stock springs in place you will get a 4.5 pound trigger. If you use the springs that come with the kit it will give you a 5.5 pound trigger. Again, I only bought the Apex sear, and not the whole kit. I'm very happy with the results. Thanks Apex!!! I will be going to the range on Monday to see how the new trigger improves my accuracy.
If I can do this anyone can, lol!!! It's a good feeling to learn a little about the gun that may save your life one day. I don't post very often, but the people on this forum are simply outstanding. I read the forum everyday. Thanks guys!!

Steve
Hi Steve. I just watched the video on installing the new Apex sear (it also included the trigger spring) and really have to admire you if you could do the sear in 10 minutes. You may have missed your calling by not being a gun smith. If I could do it in one hour, and not lose any pieces or miss where some of the small pieces fell out of, I would consider myself lucky. I'm no gun expert but I am very handy with tools when it comes to automobiles since back in the late 50's. If I decide to go this route I may have to look up one of the local gun smiths and hope he knows auto pistols.