View Single Post

Old 12-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts

If you search the pawn shops, gun buy backs and other places that specialize in collecting antique firearms, you just might run across the 21 caliber, interchangeable ammo Colt Model 17, or perhaps, the Phillips & Rodgers, made until 1996, that also could shoot up to 27 different sizes of ammo and up to 101 different rounds at last count through its magic cylinder.

NOW - I'm looking for a ubiquitous wheel gun to serve as an alternate weapon or tradeable commodity should we shift into the proverbial SHTF/SOL/OMG "there goes the neighborhood" scenario.

Ammo and food will be the#1 priorities (after drinkable water that you can make yourself if you have to).

So, having something on hand, like a revolver that could fire just about anything except suppositories might come in handy.

Since a .357 Mag will already fire six to ten different common rounds and the Phillips & Rodgers has been seen reliably firing up to 101 different rounds (if it's round and not built like Rosie O' Donnell) it will work), I've been calling up as many curio shops, colllectible lawn dwellers, antique dealers, pawn shops, used things that go bang, and lastly, but not least, my local sheriff's gun buyback programs where they get the ill-bergotten gats off the street and sell them to the public for a song (hold the song if you like). Bought a pair of S&W J Frames that one of the local Bonnie & Clydes decided they didn't need anymore after they successfully sat through 6 months of court ordered anger management.

Yes, the .44 Magnum is a lot bigger and makes artificial intestines almost as good as Dr. Carson - but the .357 Mag. is my Mary Poppins that is quite capable of sharing a little Christmas or Chanukah spirit while keeping the nasty green Grinch dressed in all black pajamas from coming down the pipe and stealing it.

Ho. Ho. Holy *****!

Last edited by PeterPocket; 12-05-2015 at 07:31 PM.