View Single Post

Old 12-07-2015, 12:07 PM

Liked 3,277 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default From mostly free America.

Why is it so hard up yonder? Tennessee CCW licenses are issued by the Highway Patrol, same as driver license, for 5 years. Cost is 127.50 and renewal is 62.50. You also have to take and pass an approved CCW class, less than a $100 and a little time. We have to pay, but I think it is a small price to pay for the freedom. Open carry handguns is also legal with the permit. Carry laws at set by the State, and local governments cannot legally override them. Most government buildings, schools and places having school activities are off limits. Restaurants serving alcohol aren't if you don't drink, but bars with main business serving alcohol are. Any private business can prohibit firearms, but must post state approved signs at entrances, all they can do is ask you to leave. I don't want to spend my money there anyway. Sounds like a hassle, but it isn't really that much. At the very least, if you are too hard case to do the above, if you can legally purchase a firearm, you can carry a loaded handgun or long gun in your vehicle. Just can't get out and walk around with it. Your vehicle is covered under our "Castle Doctrine" law. Tennessee also honors permits from all other states, and ours are honored in most states, except for the left coast and a few in the N'east. And the weather is great here also.

Last edited by snuffy51; 12-07-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Add question as per thread title.